Sometimes upgrading to a newer version can be a good thing. Other times, your computer may not be compatible with the new version, the new version is bloated, or all the options you liked are no longer available. OldVersion.com has been supplying the online community with old versions of various programs since 2001.
- compares or merges two or three text input files or directories,
- shows the differences line by line and character by character (!),
- provides an automatic merge-facility and
- an integrated editor for comfortable solving of merge-conflicts,
- supports Unicode, UTF-8 and other codecs, autodetection via byte-order-mark “BOM”
- supports KIO on KDE (allows accessing ftp, sftp, fish, smb etc.),
- Printing of differences,
- Manual alignment of lines,
- Automatic merging of version control history ($Log$),
- and has an intuitive graphical user interface.
- Windows-Explorer integration Diff-Ext-for-KDiff3 – shell extension included in installer (originally by Sergey Zorin: see also Diff Ext)
- KDE-Konqueror/Dolphin service menu plugin
- Read what else is special in a short abstract (PDF).
Duplicati is a free backup client that securely stores encrypted, incremental, compressed backups on cloud storage services and remote file servers. It works with Amazon S3, Windows Live SkyDrive, Google Drive (Google Docs), Rackspace Cloud Files or WebDAV, SSH, FTP (and many more).
Duplicati has built-in AES-256 encryption and backups can be signed using GNU Privacy Guard. A built-in scheduler makes sure that backups are always up-to-date. Last but not least, Duplicati provides various options and tweaks like filters, deletion rules, transfer and bandwidth options to run backups for specific purposes.
Gerrit is a web based code review system, facilitating online code reviews for projects using the Git version control system.
Scan Tailor is an interactive post-processing tool for scanned pages. It performs operations such as page splitting, deskewing, adding/removing borders, and others. You give it raw scans, and you get pages ready to be printed or assembled into a PDF or DJVU file. Scanning, optical character recognition, and assembling multi-page documents are out of scope of this project.
via About | Scan Tailor.
via Tracks :: index.
Opentape is a free, open-source package that lets you make and host your own mixtapes on the web.
Upload songs (via web or FTP), reorder, rename, customize the style, and share what you like on other sites with an embeddable player.
The easiest way to get apps.
1. Pick the apps you want.
2. Start your customized installer.
3. You’re done!
Ninite installs apps with default settings and
says “no” to browser toolbars and other junk.
Ninite checks your PC’s language and 64-bit support
to install the latest, best version of each app.
Ninite runs on Windows XP/Vista/7 and works
in the background 100% hands-free.
All Ninite does is install the apps you choose.
Not even Ninite is installed.
eScape is a free Open Office Writer to ePub creator. It lets you instantly and effortlessly turn Open Office Writer documents (ODT) into perfect ePubs ready to share with your friends. eScape the print book hegemony and go e-book first, with eScape. It’s easier than you think.